S&S Benefits believes everyone deserves flexible health care. That’s why we represent best-in-class insurance carriers who offer a range of health insurance plans directly to families and individuals under age 64.
From traditional health benefits to Health Savings Accounts Plans and more, S&S Benefits will provide coverage options that fit your changing needs and your budget.
Please note: Insurance and HMO plans are subject to health underwriting and product availability and insurance and HMO plan designs vary by state.
Health Insurance Plans
More choices for better health.
S&S Benefits has a variety of plans* to help you find the coverage you need at a price you can afford. You can also purchase optional benefits and riders to further increase your coverage.
Our health insurance plans include:
Convenience and comprehensive coverage combined.
Copay insurance plans offer many of the same features, benefits, and qualifications as traditional employer insurance plans.
Copay insurance plans:
- Require a set fee for office visits and preventive care visits to your Preferred Network doctor
- Cover 100% of your history and exam costs after copayment (subject to all policy provisions)
- Usually include prescription drug card benefits
Copays provide limits that cover inpatient and outpatient medical expenses up to a given lifetime maximum benefit per covered individual. Ask S&S Benefits if a Copay insurance plan may be right for you if you:
- Prefer the convenience and predictability of copayments for routine health care expenses
- Have young children with regularly scheduled doctor visits
- Want copayment benefits for preventive care and prescription drugs
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Take control of your health care dollars.
Health Savings Accounts (HSA) combine a lower-cost, high deductible health insurance plan with a tax-favored savings account.
HSAs allow you to:
- Deposit the money you save on premiums into your tax-favored health savings account (HSA), subject to federal limits
- Use these savings to pay your qualified health care expenses until you meet your deductible
- Have insurance start paying your covered health care costs once your deductible is met
- Let your unspent savings roll over year after year and earn interest
HSAs may be right for you if you want:
- More control over how your health care dollars are spent
- One calendar year deductible per family
- Lower monthly premiums
- Tax savings
An economical way to protect your health.
Some individuals prefer to pay a higher deductible, knowing that all subsequent covered expenses will be paid by their insurance plan.
With high deductible insurance plans:
- You take responsibility for covering any minor or routine health care expenses until your calendar year deductible is met
- Once you meet your deductible, your covered health care costs are paid by insurance
- Your deductible is higher than other insurance plans, but your premium is low
A High Deductible Insurance Plan may be right for you if you are:
- Willing to pay for routine health care expenses in exchange for lower premiums
- An early retiree needing a bridge to Medicare
- Looking for protection from unexpected accidents or illnesses at a lower cost
Short Term Medical
Don't get caught in the gap.
When a life change leaves you without health insurance, you need coverage to get you through the transition period securely and confidently.
A Short Term Medical insurance plan can:
- Help smooth a life transition by making sure you’re never without insurance coverage
- Offer optional periods of coverage from one to six months. (In Florida, Connecticut and New Hampshire, the range is one to four months.)
A Short Term Medical insurance plan may be right for you if you are:
- Between jobs or unemployed
- A young adult finished with school, or a student no longer under a parent’s insurance plan
- An early retiree
- Waiting for other coverage to begin
We offer a range of deductibles, payment options and length of coverage. You can also drop your Short Term Medical coverage at any time without penalty.
Don’t worry about the future. Prepare for it.
You’re young and healthy. Why should you care about health insurance? Because just one accident or serious illness could jeopardize your academic plans, along with your future.
Student Coverage offers:
- Coverage for essential medical services year-round, on- or off-campus
- Coverage from leaders in the student health industry with services that include:
- 24/7 online access to coverage and account information and forms
- Toll-free customer service support
- Fast, efficient claims processing
- Access to a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) national physician network
- 24/7 access to NurseLine and help from registered nurses
- Online access to health resources